The Shipping & Receiving Manager is responsible for inventory control, inventory management, material control, supply chain management, logistics supervision and purchasing.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete purchase orders and verify correct information is complete prior to shipping parts to outside vendors or the customer. Understanding blueprint dimensions is recommended.
- Review incoming receipt of parts from outside vendors to confirm parts were processed correctly (this may include cooperation with inspection staff when needed)
- Manages the approved supplier list and works in collaboration with the Quality Council in its selection and approval
- Make appropriate supplier selections (may require supplier capabilities matrix implementation)
- Supplier audits (in conjunction with the Quality Manager)
- Interviews and confers with suppliers to obtain product and service information—including price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Manages supplier on-time performance process
- Expedites orders and requests as needed
- Manages slow moving and obsolete inventory process
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods and services with the quality assurance department and manages the process of credits (FCG charge backs) as necessary
- Participate in any physical inventories as needed
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues in conjunction with the receiving department
- Work with the material review board/warehouse personnel to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations
- Maintains procurement records
- Works closely with accounts payable for price verification and invoice approval
- Helps to verify and coordinate activities between receiving and accounting staff
- Will work closely with quoting and engineering departments to ensure order accuracy
- US Citizenship or green card required.
The Delta Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status.
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401K with match, paid vacation and more. We are proud of a company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.