Delta Gear is an AS9100 and ISO9001 registered facility which manufactures precision gears, shafts, splines, carriers, housings, gages, master gears & other geared components and gearbox assemblies. In addition, we provide contract gear and CMM inspection services. We are also a NADCAP approved non-destructive testing facility and currently provide Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) and Nital Etch.
Description – Quality Manager Position:
Delta Gear, Inc. has an immediate opening for the position of Quality Manager. The Quality Manager plans, coordinates, and directs quality control programs which are designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards for external and internal customers. The QM Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
The QM formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates them with production procedures and other managers to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize cost. Manages workers engaged in activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and products. Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities in order to inform management of current status. Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems. Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices. Actively engaged in maintaining the non-conformance and corrective action systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to establish standards relating to products, equipment and department activities.
- Interact with customers and suppliers regarding quality issues and systems.
- Monitor standards accepted from external bodies and integrate them within internal quality management systems.
- Establish and implement communication strategies for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Manage departmental activities and performance in accordance with agreed budgets and targets and within policies and standards.
- BA/BS in Quality Assurance or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ‘Lean Manufacturing’ principles
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Gear manufacturing experience in an aerospace environment preferred
- Strong supervisory, communication, and motivational and skills
- Strength in data analysis/management
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
Please reply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Delta Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status.
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401K with match, paid vacation and more. We are proud of a company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.