Delta Gear is an AS9100 and ISO9001 registered facility which manufactures precision gears, shafts, splines, carriers, housings, gages, master gears & other geared components and gearbox assemblies. In addition, we provide contract gear and CMM inspection services. We are also a NADCAP approved non-destructive testing facility and currently provide Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) and Nital Etch.
Description – Quality Assurance Position:
Delta Gear, Inc. has an immediate opening for the position in Quality Assurance. This position assists the quality manager to plan, coordinate, and direct quality control programs which are designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards for external and internal customers. The QA personnel use metrology and inspection methods to ensure a Total Quality approach to our internal manufacturing capabilities
Job Requirements :
Set-up and operate CNC OD/ID grinder to meet production and quality requirements.
QA maintains quality control objectives within our production procedures and maximizes quality and reliability while minimizing overall costs to manufacturing. Can also be engaged in activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, services, and products. Will analyze and resolve quality problems, and assists co-workers in solving problems. Interprets the company quality policies set forth by management and customer specifications. In addition, is actively engaged in maintaining the non-conformances and process documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with personnel in the quality and manufacturing departments.
- Interact with customers and suppliers regarding quality issues and systems.
- Use communication strategies for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Work on aspects of the quality system which include, not limited to, Calibrations, Preventative & Corrective Actions and Non-Conformances.
- Continuously maintains the highest level of quality control, along with assisting in the reduction of non-conformances.
- Perform layout inspections, first piece approvals, in-process inspections and other aspects of quality control through-out manufacturing processes.
- Gather and maintain quality documentation including first articles, ballooning drawings and assembling certification packages.
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of ‘Lean Manufacturing’ principles
- Knowledge of Inspection tools and best practices
- GD&T knowledge and use
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Gear inspection experience in an aerospace environment preferred
- Strong communication, and motivational and skills
- Strength in data analysis/management
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A technical background for manufacturing and metrology related equipment
- CMM knowledge along with programming
The Delta Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status.
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401K with match, paid vacation and more. We are proud of a company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.