Delta Gear is an AS9100 and ISO9001 registered facility which manufactures precision gears, shafts, splines, carriers, housings, gages, master gears & other geared components and gearbox assemblies. In addition, we provide contract gear and CMM inspection services. We are also a NADCAP approved non-destructive testing facility and currently provide Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) and Nital Etch.
Description – Process Engineer Position:
Responsible for reviewing new jobs and processing them in order to properly run jobs on the floor for production. Existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems can be reviewed and sourced. Pricing to be reviewed by team members to ensure profitability and on-time delivery to quote. Additional responsibilities to help reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Review prior jobs to ensure future jobs are run profitably.
- Develop innovative solutions for better competitiveness
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Prepare quotes for review/submission to customer.
- Submit new production controls in order to improve manufacturing quality and productivity.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Provide suggestions during quality corrective action investigations.
- Work with manufacturing team to develop cost-effective, high-quality production processes.
- Ensure quotes are completed on time.
- Ensure quote pricing is favorable.
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Mechanical Engineering preferred but not required.
- 5 years direct work experience in a process engineering or manufacturing management capacity, including understanding of all aspects of process development and execution in the manufacture of machined components (primarily gears and shafts).
- Strong familiarity with process engineering software, such as Solidworks &/or Autocad
- Familiar with programming languages, including Unigraphics, Mastercam, Pro-E
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, MS Project
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read GD&T from drawings
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to work overtime to meet project deadlines
The Delta Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Delta Family of Companies are an Equal Employment Opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or veteran status.
The Delta Family of Companies offer competitive base pay, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401K with match, paid vacation and more. We are proud of a company culture that fosters innovation and collaboration.